I’ve always loved the sweetness, flavor, and color that roasted beets can add to a salad or other dish. Roast beats are kind of expensive in the grocery store and whole, raw beets are kind of scary looking. However, roasting beets yourself is easy enough for a beginner in the kitchen and is cost effective.
So here we go.
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Make sure the tops are removed from the beets and wash thoroughly (scrub ‘em if you gotta).
3. Place cleaned beets onto a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and salt (Use extra oil if you want to add to a salad after, you’ll create your own beet flavored oil!).
4. Fold up the sides of the foil and create a little packet that is completely enclosed and wont let any steam out.
5. Place beets in the oven. Roasting times are going to differ based on the size of the beet – smaller beets may be done in 25-30 minutes whereas larger beets may take up to an hour to roast.
Check on your beets occasionally, when a fork slides into the beet easily it means they are done! Enjoy!!